Special Initiative Of M&E Wing
In compliance of direction of Hon’ble Election Commission and under guidance of worthy Secretary ECP the under signed is accomplished following tasks to achieved/ accomplish following task in connection with restruction of Monitoring Wing to cater for Electoral and non-electoral monitoring needs of this organization.
- Human Resource requirement assessed and accordingly skilled H.R was inducted.
- Likewise IT Equipments needs also has been assessed and up-to-date equipment has been procured for the wing as per need.
- Launch of Whatsapp Complaints Service to receive and resolved complaints from General public as well as from persons with disabilities specially dumb and deaf.
- Establishment of state of the art Monitoring Control Room at ECP Secretariat and in future will be extended up to Provincial and District Levels.
- Special measures were taken under directions of Hon’ble Commission for realization of long due fines into go
- vernment treasury imposed by the DMOs on account of violations of code of conduct in various previous elections. This made a deterrence perception amongst the political parties as well as candidates and less violations were reported after these recoveries.
- To meet the requirements of real time Monitoring and achieve faster communication with monitoring teams, a software “Hawk Eye” is developed shortly.
- Preparation and approval of comprehensive frame work of monitoring related activities for the coming General Elections 2023. The highlights of the frame work are as under,
- Enhancement of role and scope of monitoring teams.
- Appointment of Regional Election Commissioner (RECs) as Regional Monitoring Coordinator (RMCs) to oversee and ensure better coordination at region level.
- Introducing new platforms for direct interaction with general public and relevant stakeholders and to receive complaints from them i.e. Whatsapp, exclusive official Facebook page, Twitter and Instagram accounts of Monitoring & Evaluation Wing.
- Establishment of Control Rooms chains at Central, Provincial and District level.